1. Old Man Coffee - Loose Passive (LP)
We'll start with the most typical appearance at the poker table. The old Man Coffee. The Nit. You'll find him in casino's all over the world. Generally don't raises - occasionally with ultra-premiums - and complains when someone does. Loves to call, hates to raise. When he does he's got a strong hand, and depending on the old man, a hand that he think is strong. He's characterized by:
- 60+ Years of Age
- The cup of coffee
- Occasionally a newspaper
- Is able to stack all his chips in óne hand
|Old Man Coffee|
2. Let's have some FUN
You'll see them a lot. Players that are one a night out, barely know the rules, but just are looking to have some fun. Nothing wrong with it, actually, we love them. Your typical Fun-guy saw poker a few times on TV, some know poker rankings (Which one's better, a straight or a flush?), others don't. Various amount of players, but in general they play a lot of hands. Some are LAG, others are LP, but what they've got in common, is that they love to go to showdown, just to 'see what you've got'
- Dressed up nicely
- Friends come visit the table every now and then, or he stands up to watch his friends every once in a while.
- Most of the time drinking.
- Occasionally nice and friendly
|One night Out|
3. The Gambler
The Gambler, the name's probably enough. Vpip 80%+, loves to chases draws, some likes to criticize people or complain about luck, other gamblers just don't. There isn't just one type of the gambler. Only thing they've got in common is that, yeah you get it, they love to gamble. Very well could be on tilt already while entering the table and is sitting down to chase losses.
- Various Ages, various clothing styles, various manners
- Loves to see áll the cards in the deck before eventually folding (if they're LP)
- Drinking most of the time,
4. The Wannabe Online Grinder
Especially at the lower limits, he's a quiet young man playing a pretty straightforward Tight Passive game. He's your average 25NL online break-even grinder who knows the basics, but still got a shitload of leaks you'll spot immediate. He feels like he's mining gold at the 2/2. He isn't planning on adapting that much, he came to the Casino with a certain strategy and is going to hold on to that. Will spaz soon or later.
- Young guy who think he's thé next thing
- Prefer wearing sunglasses
- Loves to talk 'strategy' at the table (an absolute DON'T)
- Sighs and complains a lot.
5. The Online Grinder
Also a young fellow, but one that does understand the game, and knows how to play. Can play TAG or LAG, but is turning a steady profit. He picks the right spots and it doesn't has much loosing nights.
Looks pretty much like the guy above, but here are the major differences you can spot:
- Young guy up to mid 20's
- Don't wears sunglasses, pretty much always wears something really comfortable like sweaters
- Doesn't talk about strategy on the table
6. The Regular
The most important one. Someone who comes in the casino often. He knows the people who work over there, is friendly, and a good guy in general. But this still, doesn't say anything about how they're playing, and what their weaknesses are.
Most of the time only time will tell if you're up against a good regular or not. Some other notes how to recognize a regular:
- Feels really comfortable at the table
- Likes to talk to other regulars
- Most of the time you can know if a regular is good pretty easy just by logical thinking:
If someone looks very wealthy, and he's young, there's a pretty solid chance he knows how to play the cards. But if someone old is looking wealthy, he easily could have a good carrier.
I'm pretty sure I'm going to edit it again, but this are some pretty good guidelines on how to index other players.